Re: poly bushings

To: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: poly bushings
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:19:58 -0600
If I may interject.... sometimes the cause of premature deterioration of
suspension bushings come from tightening up the pivot points or attachments
while the vehicle is on jacks and the suspension is "hanging". You will
extend the life of any bushing if you don't tighten things until after the
car is back on the ground and sitting "normally". Otherwise bushings will
be at or near their full twist when the car is at rest.
        Just a caution learned by experience.   Peter C
----