EBAY - know what you are buying

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: EBAY - know what you are buying
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:40:13 -0600
 >In an article I read in Linux magazine the guy said "its a great way >to trade
>all the stuff in your garage for all the stuff in someone else's >garage."
>Yesterday I was talking to a guy who as a joke typed in "underwear" he >said
>it was amazing.
>Personally I have never been to E-bay and might never go.
>my 2 p
>the arthur

Actually, I've found some real bargains on ebay...last Triumph item I bought was
an original shift knob in great shape for $1.85.  Still, I'm amazed at the crazy
prices some junk gets.  The secret is to not get caught up in a bidding war and
be able to just walk away, because there's always some idiot who will raise the
stakes. These suckers get what they deserve. Anyway, another similar item will
almost always show up later, and maybe you'll get lucky.  That's the fun of it
all.
Richard