Re: Car Alarm Response

To: "McKey, Paul" <P.J.McKey@massey.ac.nz>,
Subject: Re: Car Alarm Response
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:03:20 -0500
At 10:22 AM 02/15/00 +1300, McKey, Paul wrote:

>... has anyone actually attempted to install central door locking
>solenoids?

Paul,

Not on a Spit, but on another car that my parents bought, I installed a
central locking system.  It wouldn't have been that hard except I had to
splice in extra wire to the door actuators.

In my system, the actuators attached to each lock rod. Since the Spitfire's
lock rod runs along the bottom of the door there should be ample clearance
for the actuators.  The central locking system works when any one door or
lock button is actuated. For additional money the system can be a true
keyless system like the keyfob-transmitters on new cars.

If you want more details I'll try and provide them, but the car is 700
miles away...

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (Like Denny's, "Always Open!")
Succasunna, NJ USA