Re: cats

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cats
From: RIBJEN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:52:17 EST
Hey Dave & Ron....

I had my Spit fail the emissions & safety in Missouri because the inspector
could not find my cat converter.  The emmission readings were fine with out
the cat (i had a set of the 4 to 1 headers).  It seems that while the
inspector was looking around for my VIN number he was reading all of the
other stickers on the car and read the one that is on the under side of the
hood that talks about the carborator and the cat converter.  Since I didnot
have the converter he failed me.  I guess that if I had known that this would
have happened I would have scrapped the sticker off before he could have read
it.

I had my old cat converter and manifold so I had to reinstall these to get my
car to pass.

Bob Berger
78 Spitfore