Re: Are Spitfire carpet sets on eBay any good?

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Are Spitfire carpet sets on eBay any good?
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:05:50 EST
In a message dated 02/12/2000 3:52:16 AM !!!First Boot!!!, jmcneal@ohms.com
writes:

<< I've noticed that someone is selling "deluxe" carpet kits for the Spitfire
 on eBay fairly frequently.  Have any listers bought a set?  How's the fit,
 quality of workmanship and materials, etc?

 Are all model years of Spitfires using the same carpet patterns?

 Thanks. >>

Hey, Jeff,

It's hard to tell, but, they look like the ones I got from Spitbits. I think
they cost $130. The ones I got were cut pile, less original looking, but,
they will supposedly wear better. The ones that most closely resemble the
originals are a loop pile design which, I think, are a bit more expensive.
Mine fit ok, but, not as well as the originals.

Tom Burke
80 Spit