Re: central meeting place

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: central meeting place
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:10:21 EST
In a message dated 2/11/00 4:46:33 PM EST, dterrick@home.com writes:

> I got to thinking,  what about a central meeting?  Winnipeg is, technically,
>  on a few dozen miles from the VERY geographic centre of North America.
Know
>  where I'm going with this one?

OK, this is a little blue sky, but why even have a meeting place?  How about
a group big circuit of the US with cars dropping in and out depending on how
far they
want to travel from their home with some brave (read: foolish) and hardy
(read:
masochistic) souls making the grand circuit?  Support on the road, nightly
debriefings (road tales) over dinner, transmission rebuilds in motel bathtubs,
camping in the National Parks, NO INTERSTATES ...sigh... logistically
impossible, I suppose.  But, just imagine 150 or so Spitfires pulling into a
Taco Bell in Nowheresville and ordering Chalupas (sp), I mean, wouldn't
that just totally rock?

Greg "Reality, we don't need no stinkin' reality" Rowe
78 Spitfire