Re: Speakers in doors

To: "Dean Rayner" <deanr@saville.co.uk>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speakers in doors
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:39:08 -0800
Hi Dean,

Perhaps some very small ones in the lower front corner where the carpet
patch is.  But they would have to be really tiny.

The PO put a pair of upward firing speaker housings on the rear deck panel
and they sound terribly tinny.  They might suffice as tweeters, however.

I'm in the process of installing a "stealth" audio setup with an original
Triumph AM radio that is being refitted with all modern electronics,
including FM stereo and a CD changer!  Externally, the radio will appear
totally original.

http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/radio.shtml

I'm mulling over the option of installing a better set of mid-range speakers
in the rear panel (since the holes have already been cut), install a set of
hidden tweeters up front in the parcel trays and place a powered tube
subwoofer in the trunk.  I'm not looking to shake the windows of passing
cars mind you -- not by a long stretch.  I just want to attain a nice,
smooth, rich sound to compliment the exhaust note of my Monza dual exhaust
pipes on occasion -- like when the song "Light My Fire" comes on and I'm on
some twisty mountain roads.

Ah, perchance to dream...

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Triumph Spitfire Site