Stripping and Painting the frame

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stripping and Painting the frame
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:09:34 -0500
I am still working on stripping the frame and have entered into a question.
First, I have no desire to sandblast the frame.  So I am faced with the
removal of the undercoating.  The gentleman at the Sherwin Williams auto
paint store said that regular paint stripper should remove it, but he had no
real knowledge.  After, that he recommended coating with etching primer,
(and actually said I could leave that as it is for the frame and not mess
with a polyurethane primer over that, thoughts?)  Then use a polyurethane
primer (said they don't sell the epoxy primer but that they are about the
same?)

I am very interested in removing all the undercoating from the frame and
soon the tub, I do not however want to sandblast everything, and going at it
with a razor blade and hairdryer is nuts too.  What is the easiest way to
remove this.  I have been soaking it with engine cleaner and it is slowly
working, very slowly.  Any suggestions.

Also where is all the usual traffic at, there have been very few messages
the last month.

Patrick Bowen
(who obviously does not have enough work to do)