Carpet

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carpet
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:55:51 -0600
I just ordered my interior carpet from Pep Boys, got a deal !!!!
Here in Upstate SC the unemployment rate is way low, what this causes is a
shortage of good people for sales clerks. I went into Pep Boys and ordered
the full replacement set for my 71, the gal that waited on me tried to call
Newark to order it and they close at 4:00 PM. She said she would find the
part # and call me when she had all the info for me to return to pay and get
it on it's way. She had asked me what price I got from Newark when I called,
I told her it was somewhere around $129.00.  She called on Friday and I told
her I would be in Saturday to pay, when I arrived she had lost the paper
work with the part # ect. She walked around in a hurried type way trying to
find her piece of paper. She finally returned with a piece of paper and
started filling out the order blank.  When she got to the part about the
price she had filled it in with $75.00 ! I said nothing..... What she has
done is ordered the stuff from Newark and sold me the stuff at their COST !

Sometimes you get lucky !  SO FAR

Craig Smith
Phone 800/692-2323
Fax 864/234-1020