engine stand-header/exhaust

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: engine stand-header/exhaust
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:32:58 PST
Hello Listers:

I want to pull the engine from my '73 Spitfire for pan gasket replacement,
motor mounts, and detailing.  It seems that I have seen ads for an
inexpensive engine stand.  Does anyone have any info on this item, or other
options for working on the engine when out of the car.

Also, will I be able to use a stainless, stock type exhaust if I convert to
a header?  The Monza exhausts are cool but fatiguing to my ears!

Thanks and best regards,

Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500