RE: Best way to clean engine?-crud disposal

To: "'Walt Fogle'" <foglew@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Best way to clean engine?-crud disposal
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:43:35 -0800
Walt;
I believe only the "Gunk" is environmentally friendly I am not sure about
the emulsified grease, etc., that results from the cleaning process.  I
collected the stuff into a five gallon bucket, let the water evaporate and
then disposed of the rest in an environmentally conscious manner (toxic
waste).  If you have the engine steam cleaned there is still the problem of
dealing with the waste.  I would like to think that it is not just left to
seep into the ground.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)