Fuel pipe routing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pipe routing
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:51:52 -0500
Hello, fellow Spitfans.

I'm not satisfied with the route I chose for the fuel pipe.  Out of
the tank, and down through the floor of the boot is no problem.  From
there, I believe it should run parallel to the frame/backbone (and
expect it would be clipped to that structure.  The route past
(actually through) the foremost outrigger into the enqine compartment
and to the filter does not look right.

Anyone care to take a peek and let me know how theirs is routed?
(1969 Mk3).

With help from suppliers and listers, I got the engine running -- 'way
back on Sept 25!  Since then, I've spent most of my time working on
Dance Arts Performing Ensemble's production of The Nutcracker.
<blatant plug>Dec 11, 2PM & 7PM and Dec 12, 2PM at the Chelsea
(Michigan, USA) High School</blatant plug>

I will submit some pics to the engine site.  I think the setup looks
fairly good, all in all.  I need to do something about engine temp
though.  With 180 t-stat in, it got up to temp very quickly, but the
rad felt cold so I killed the ignition, caught as much boiling-out
coolant as I could, pulled the 'stat and gutted it as quickly as I
could, stuffed it back in, topped up coolant and restarted.  Cooled
better, rad was fairly warm but definitely not hot.  T-stat elbow felt
quite hot, so I finally shut down after 15 minutes at 2k RPM.  I was
shooting for a 20 minute run to get the cam lobes and tappets
introduced to each other.

I was delighted to hear a Spit singing again.  All that's left is
brakes, suspension, bodywork, windscreen, driveshaft, ..... :)

Donald.