Re: Rotoflex rear end

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@erols.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rotoflex rear end
From: "Thomas Carney" <gt6plus@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:45:33 -0500
  Well I have never driven a Spit or GT6 with the swing spring axle but I do
own a GT6+ with Rotoflex.  I don't think it would be any better to install
the rotoflex on to your Spit, plus you would have to make brakets to install
the lower arm.  And I don't know if the trailing arm points mach up either.
After the reading I have done I believe the swing arm was designed as a
cheap but effective replacement on the Rotoflex design.  Plus after my own
experiences and those of others, it is tough to find good OEM replacement
Rotoflex donuts.  Mine have tears in them already and they appeared just
after about 4 months of use.  Also if you don't do your own work some
mechanics tend to stay away from the Rotoflex and they are more expensive to
work on then a standard swing spring setup.
Tom