RE: head colour - freak them out

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: head colour - freak them out
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:45:29 -0600
Hi all:

Now some years ago,  I had my GT6 in the ISCA World of Wheels.  To make it
short,  I had not yet run the car.  Still,  I completely stripped it from
the firewall foreword to deal with the result of my painter cleaning
overspray from the frame with thinners (dull paint.).

Anyway,  The header was BBQ flat white - looked fantastic and lasted all of
about 5 minutes with the race motor (started many months later).  and for
the head:

I had already spent many dozens of hours porting and polishing so I thought
"what's a few more"?  Out came the drum sander on a die grinder, and I
proceeded to POLISH all of the visible areas - smoothing out the rough waves
on the top and bottom etc.

Then,  I  painted it with Lumiblast - an "aluminum simulation" paint, which
BTW, also makes gearboxes and rear diff covers looks spanking brand new!!  I
had the appearance of an aluminuminuminum  (English spelling) head on a
gloss black (my painter, again) clear coated block.  Of course, the carbs
were polished, etc etc,  should have a jpeg somewhere.

Anybody want a "custom 8 port aluminum racing head" for their spit?  that's
how.

And, no, it didn't go any faster.

Dave T
still on the hunt for an overdrive 'box