Re: Roll Bars

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@pop.erols.com>
Subject: Re: Roll Bars
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:08:07 -0800 (PST)
Nolan,
Thanks for your reply.

As an ex SCCA Spitfire racer, I'm all too aware of the
differences in 'show bars' and 'competition bars', and
concerns about roll bar height vs seated height.

But in the real world, it is simply not practical to
do without a top.

The choice is really between a Spitfire with a
reasonably effective street bar that allows the top to
be used properly, or no Spitfire at all.

I do diasagree about the effectiveness of the Spitfire
winshield frame; there is no comparison between it and
a well installed hoop, even one that does not fully
meet GCR requirements.

I've been a GRM subscriber for 3 years now, and
consider it an excellent magazine, and source. And
yes, there are lots of sources for bars.

But what I seek from the list members is their
experience on this issue. That is something that
magazine ads and net-surfing cannot provide.

Again, thanks for your concern.

=====