Re: paint

To: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>, Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: paint
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:26:59 -0800 (PST)

sorry, mate, about the name thing.  i didn't mean anything
personal.  and i didn't think you liked hot pink, but i was just
trying to say 'you can paint your engine whatever color you
want.'  i just thought i would put in my $.02 and see what it
would cause.  i am kind of a stickler, though, when it comes to
my cars.  keep it simple and people will be astonished when you
are able to chase them down.  the last time i had my spitfire
out, i caught up to a honda del sol on a back road on the way
home from a little ride.  made me smile and when i could see his
eyes in his mirrors, i smiled and he waved.  made me feel good.

--- larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> it's howi...and i don't like hot pink either... :)
>
> --- nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > i think i like the idea of painting the block two different
> > colors.  never thought of that.  personally though, i would
> like
> > my block to be flat black, or something close, and
> everything
> > else that is producing heat to be a dark color.  i also
> believe
> > that the black color can hide imperfections better under the
> > bonnet.
> >
> > now remember, all this is just my opinion.  you can agree or
> > disagree and it won't change my thoughts either way.  also,
> i am
> > not trying to persuade anyone into changing thier personal
> > preferences.  if "dirty harry" wants to paint his engine hot
> > pink, it's totally up to him.
> >

> > --- Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > The difference in heat radiation from the block is
> > > minimal compared with the heat energy transferred via
> > > the coolant.
> > > But given the extreme heat generated by the exhaust
> > > system, which is adjacent to the block, perhaps we
> > > should be concerned with the heat absorbtion
> > > characteristics of the paint. Wouldn't a high
> > > reflectivity paint actually lower the engine temp by
> > > reflecting the exhaust heat away?
> > >

> > > The best of both worlds:
> > > Paint the engine silver on the exhaust side, and black
> > > on the other side.

> > > =====

> > =====
> > nikolai jaremka
> > 72 spitfire mkIV
> > east aurora, new york
> >

> =====
> larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979
> spitfire fm99248u,
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
> "Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
> "A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but
> it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" -
> herm albright

=====
nikolai jaremka
72 spitfire mkIV