Driveline vibration Part II

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Driveline vibration Part II
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:46:57 EST
  Hi everybody,
    Thanks for all the great advice, I just got out from under my car and it
looks like bad news, sort of,  everything is tight as a drum. All the
U-joints are perfect and as far as I can tell, all the bearings seem to be in
great shape. To try recreate the problem I raised the car off the ground and
started the car and put it in top gear. I could hear a intermittant vibration
. The sound seemed to be coming from the front of the car while I was under
the back. Next I shut the car off and looked under the bonnet. I couldn't see
anything wrong except that the front motor mounts are worn out and do allow a
fair amount of movement. Could this be the source of my vibration? I am going
to replace regardless but I was wondering if if the engine is moving around
while under way and transmitting this movement down the driveline .