Re: Pep Boys Carpet

To: "Craig Smith" <CraigS@iewc.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pep Boys Carpet
From: "Thomas Carney" <gt6plus@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:18:15 -0500
Craig,
   I purchased a carpet set from Pep Boys for my GT6+ back in the fall of
97.  I am pleased with it.  It is wearing well as my car is a daily driver.
Not falling apart anywhere or threading coming undone.  However I cannot
compare it to the quality of the stuff the big 3 sell.  I have never seen
another GT6 upclose to tell the difference either.  It does the job for me
that's all I care about.  Oh yeah and it is not moulded, makes the tranny
carpet a little anoying to get to fit right.
Tom

> It was mentioned in a previous thread about carpet from these guys.
> The company that makes/distributes it is Newark Auto Products.
> I called and they have a 14 piece set for $126.95
> Has anyone seen one ?
> Quality?
> Molded?
> Years ago I bought a tranny cover for my 59 TR3 from good old J.C.
Whitney,