RE: ooops

To: "'Tom Shirley'" <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>,
Subject: RE: ooops
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:28:42 -0500
I had sent a message to Arthur off-line regarding this, and just checked
with a friend who is affiliated with Jaguar F1. He isn't sure but he
believes that the Jags will be numbered 7 & 8 for 2000. In days past,
the number 1 went to the World Champion with number 2 going to
his teammate. Their old numbers would then go to the outgoing champ.
The rest of the cars would retain the same numbers. (This is part of
why Ferrari was able to keep the 27 & 28 for so long).

More recently, 1 & 2 go to the World Champion and his team mate, then
it is by Constructors placing. Therefore, Hakkinen has number 1, Coulthard
2, Ferrari 3 & 4, Jordan 5 & 6, and Stewart Ford 7 & 8. Since Stewart Ford
is now Jaguar F1, it gets the 7 & 8. At least in theory.

This is not gospel, but is the case to the best of our knowledge.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com