Seat Savers

To: "'Spitfires'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Savers
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:53:04 -0700
Well, the restoration of my Spitfire to get it back on the road after more
than 4 years is nearly complete.  The only "critical" items left are the
seats and new tires.  I hope to start "her" (no name yet) up this weekend or
next and run it through the emissions testing.  However, the "fear of
failure" looms heavily over me and I might just keep putting it off weekend
after weekend for that reason.

My question is this: Has anyone purchased the "Seat Savers" that VB and Moss
sell for around $100?  Are they specifically made to fit the Spitfire, or
are they really the same generic "one size fits all" seat covers that you
can buy at Target, K-Mart, auto supply stores, etc., for about 1/3 to ½ the
price?  (Except they do have the Triumph wreath on them!).

Thanks.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)