RE: Fine literature

To: "'Terry L. Thompson'" <tlt@digex.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fine literature
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:41:04 -0700
Yeah, my daughter's boy friend bought me a copy of that publication.  The
first thing I did was to look for anything Triumph, but my effort was in
vain.  I do take exception to many of the "rolling junkmobiles" that are
listed, however.  And, I found it quite interesting that Mario Andretti
listed the '50s/'60s VW Beetle as one of his top 10 choices.

BTW who gave DuPont such authority to do this?  The family is weird, and the
company makes chemicals, napalm, weapons explosives (lots of those), auto
paint,... Wait, auto paint, I guess that qualifies them!  Or are we perhaps
talking of another DuPont?  Maybe one in France.

I love the looks of all years of Spitfires.  If I had to change anything it
would be to give the stock version about 25 more horsepower.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)