Cruisin'

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cruisin'
From: "philip " <cplimey@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 21:38:02 -0700
Hello listers ...

I went out this afternoon after the early morning fog had burnt off here on
the West Coast of Canada for a drive in the Spit before I bed her down for
the rainy season. The sun was bright, the air crisp and fresh. The back
roads I took to ... nowhere really ...  were sheer joy.  They wind and twist
through the local countryside and the pleasure is next to nothing else I
know. To hear that throaty exhaust and to quickly slide through the gears to
top (and wishing I had overdrive!) and to be alone driving on those country
roads was just sheer bliss. The destination was not important ... the
journey is the reward ... (if I may paraphrase Steve Jobs).
Hours of pleasure driving

I'm gonna miss her until next spring.
At least I know she will be warm for the winter, dry and snug inside a
garage.