Steel 13" Rims F/S

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Steel 13" Rims F/S
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:32:33 -0400
I got my panasport rims on the car today and I'm really happy with the way
they feel on the road with the new tires. So I'm going to let go of my 4
steel rims.

They are BLACK (all pics of spitfire rims I've ever seen are silver, and I
can only assume the PO rathered they be black than rust colored.) but other
than that no dents dings or bends. They can be sprayed with silver paint
maybe? I'd hate to toss the wheels just because they're not the right
color...but?

All four rims also have tires. One of which is a Goodyear tire I got this
summer when I lost a tire to road debris and my spare had dry-rotted out on
me. It has under 2,000 miles on it. The other three are tires called FALKEN
which I purchased about 16 months ago, and have under 15k miles on them.
None of them have a milage rating stamped on them, (but the Falken website
says the FK-315 is rated for 80k miles and I would assume that the Goodyear
is atleast 40k mile tire). I haven't experienced any slow leaks with these
tires. They're all black walls. They're all all-weather type tires and
that's pretty much all I know about them.

I'd like to get $30 for the rim that has the goodyear on it and $20 for
each of the other three.

Also, one of the rims (with an NTW tire) has the slotted rim, not the rim
with the round holes.

COLOR  STYLE        TIRE MOUNTED
Black  Round hole   175/70R13 Goodyear T-Metric, Traction B, Temp C (82S)
<2k on tread wear
Black  Round hole   175/70R13 Falken FK-315 traction B, temp B (82S) ~15k
on tread wear (80k mile tire?)
Black  Round hole   175/70R13 Falken FK-315 traction B, temp B (82S) ~15k
on tread wear (80k mile tire?)
Black  Slotted      175/70R13 Falken FK-315 traction B, temp B (82S) ~15k
on tread wear (80k mile tire?)

I would rather sell them as individuals, since they would make such a
crappy set.

So if anyone needs a steel rim (And they're not picky that they are black),
or you need a replacement spare tire pretty cheap, email me personally.
And no, I really don't want to try prying the tires off of the rims so
shipping is probably going to cost as much or more than the tire&rim combo.

Each rim also has an El-Cheapo Track Auto trim ring (which is in good
shape, but I don't think it's as deep as the ones that originally came with
our cars.

Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500