Re: Oil Pan Gasket

To: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pan Gasket
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:19:38 -0500
Hi!

1 -- You just unbolt the pan and go for it.  Yadda yadda about being
SURE the car is stable on jackstands, etc.  REMEMBER -- the two longer
bolts go at the back of the engine, not at the front!  The DPO of my
donor race engine reversed them and messed up the front aluminum sealing
block.

2 -- I'd either leave it or have it Jet Hotted (special coating).
You'll probably find no paint will stay on fully at the heat it
develops, and if it does, it will discolor at the head/first bend of
pipe.

Best wishes!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)