Re: Server problems? (non-LBC) & some LBC questions.

To: "Jim" <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Server problems? (non-LBC) & some LBC questions.
From: "Sue" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:39:17 -0500
Brad's Spitfires are in Oregon while we're here in Chicago. He's here for
work for a year and it looks like we could be spending a few years on the
road, so to speak.

He's planning to sell his 2nd best Spitfire to finance completing (sorry,
improving - since when is a Spitfire ever completed!) his better one. This
one he's considering bringing here which brings me to the LBC questions.

1    The one he's planning to sell, the tranny's playing up. He says the
synchro doesn't work on 2nd & 3rd gears. He has fiigures of $30ish for parts
but $500ish labour charges as the car's not conveniently here for him to
work on himself. Any suggestions on the best way to go - sell it as is for a
bit less, hoping to find someone who'll enjoy working on it and bring it up
to scratch, or get the work done to get a better selling price. In other
words is it worth the financial outlay to get it fixed first?

1a    Anyone want a '79 1500 (really a '78) in good nick apart from the
tranny, and some minor interior tidying up needed (situpon part of drivers
seat could do with recovering and carpets could be improved) but runs well,
which is currently in Oregon! Selling price, your guess is as good as mine
when it comes to a US prices. From what I see of Spits for sale here, and
based on Brad's description I guess about $2500 if tranny was ok.

2    We've been thinking about bringing the better Spit out here as we'll be
here for so long. Any info about how to find an affordable place to keep it
here, $200-300 a month here in the city really isn't an idea worth
considering. We were thinking about somewhere a little further out so we
could at least go out at weekends and let the boy play with his toy <G>.
With what I hear we're in for with a Chicago winter we're definitely looking
for under cover!!!

As I said before, we seem to be having problems getting mails onto the list
so if this one makes it I'll follow it up with something that could be of
interest to all you Spitphiles out there.

Suzie Bear & Brad
In Chicago without our Spits! but at least I can  keep an eye on my Baby
Blue thanks to Joe Curry!