Re: Boot Covers

To: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Boot Covers
From: Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:13:07 -0500 (CDT)
On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, R.D. Waid wrote:
> Listerati,
>
> Has anyone got a pattern or layout drawing for a Spitfire top boot cover? I'm
> contemplating making my own since the prices are so outrageous. My car does
>not
> a have a hardtop. I notice that it makes a big difference in the price of the
> boot cover (hardtop-equipped cars are much cheaper). What's the explanation
>for
> the difference?

Bob...

I have a tan boot cover for cars without a hardtop - fits 71-80.  It needs
to be cleaned and one snap needs to be replaced. Otherwise it is in very
good condition. No tears or scuffs and the foam is good. It an original
part and can be yours for $80 + postage - less than half of a "new"
one from VB.

Harve
'78 daily driver