Re: spitfires-digest V1 #221

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitdrvr@camalott.com
Subject: Re: spitfires-digest V1 #221
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 22:22:07 -0500
One day a couple of years ago, I was driving down the road and my shifter
started feeling very loose and funny.  It turned out that the plastic
ball had simply disintegrated and disappeared without a trace!
After I put in a new one, everything was OK.

There is a rather heavy snap ring you have to remove to get it off, and
of course you have to remove center dash support and the center carpet to reach
it.
If you have O/D, it's worse because you have to remove the shifter knob and mess
with the wires.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit