Re: Spitfire Illustration

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Illustration
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:23:20 -0700 (PDT)
i didnt' get to go to vtr either joe ;)

--- Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net> wrote:

> Has anybody noticed the drawing of the Spitfire on the front cover of
> the Moss Motors "Triumph Spitfire MkIV and 1500 parts catalog?
>
> This is a black and white illustration that on first glance looks like a
> late model Spitfire with those ugly black bumper guards.  However there
> are are a few details that are totally out of place.
>
> It has the finisher strips on the bonnet to cover the seams where the
> fenders attach.
> It has chrome (looking) headlight rings only found on the early
> (Mk1,2,3) models.
> There is a raised portion in the center of the bonnet only found on the
> early cars.
>
> In short, This illustration appears to have been drawn by someone who is
> either unfamiliar with the Spitfire or was done by taking an early Spit
> drawing and applying a few later parts on it to make it (sorta) appear
> to be a late model.
>
> Yeah, I know....  It's a slow day!
>
> Joe
> --
> "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort."
>  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer

===
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright