re: Ceramic Coating Things

To: SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Ceramic Coating Things
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:48:01 -0400
Message text written by "Terry L. Thompson"
>My question is, how do they manage to keep the necessary
tolerances in place when they coat moving parts? The machining
is measured in hundredths and thousands of an inch. And a
build-up of any kind of coating seems to me to be a problem.
Right? Anyone want to explain this to me?<

that is taken into account. but properly applied the caoting is only .001
to .0015 in thick. Summit Racing sells the stuff for DYS.

the thermal coating seams good for aluminum piston tops....

The arthur       >;-} :4 O:-)-}8<
www.anedieco.com/tr.html
kit car aka 69 GT6
82 XJ6  Jaguar   (Jennifer)
boxy thing on wheels aka ford aerostar   (boxy lady??? 8-} )