Re: 66 Spitfire for sale

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 66 Spitfire for sale
From: David Bombardier <david@myogenics.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:55:40 -0800
I have a red '66 myself, also in So Cal. I paid a lot more than $2,995.
These dealers can throw on a paint job, some tires, and fix up a few other
details, but underneath it can still be a not very good car. I've been a
victim of this before.

It's interesting that you can put $5,000 into a car and it's worth a few
thousand. You can put $10,000 into it and it's still worth a few thousand.
And you can even put $15,000 into it, and it's still worth only just a few
thousand more.

This means that not all $5,000 Spits are truly worth the same thing. Look
for the enthusiast who already put 2-4 times the value of the car into it.
My best experiences were finding previous owners who were craftsmen
themselves with a religious devotion to detail. Buy *their* cars. And pay
top dollar. The extra $1,000 you might spend could well reflect an extra
$10,000 put into the car.

Just my 100,000 cents.

David

1966 Spitfire 4 Mark II (pics coming soon)