RE: Oil sump gasket

To: "'Mike Perry'" <mikep@michindust.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil sump gasket
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:37:55 -0400
Mike, it is fairly easy.  What the site is speaking of is the front
counterbalance on the crankshaft, you will have to trun it so it is in the
horizontal position and not the straight up and down position.  This way it
will give you enough clearance to pull it off between the engine and the
frame.

Post of this is a fairly straight forward operation the only hard part is a
little contortionism to deal with the bolts that are above the frame.

Patrick Bowen