updated filter listing #2

To: "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: updated filter listing #2
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:55:27 -0700
Here is the latest oil filter listing with notes on what fits what model.
Some are not known as to what Spit they fit.  If you know of a specific size
let me know.  It seems if its small enough to fit a later 1500 with airpump
then it can fit any Spit.  Some are too big for air pump cars.  Seems also
true the some fit cars which have the adapter from the early cars.  Please
identify which is which of possible.

AC-Delco PF-53 (will work on all models of Spit.), PF-13 - requires an
adapter
Carquest  85084 (said to be a Wix product)
Castrol PH922A (all Fram numbers should be same on Castrol filters)
Champion D102 (though not recommended)
Crossland 573, 595
Fram  PH2825, PH922A, PH966B,  PH16 -may be too large for later 1500's w/air
pump
Fram PH8A (large can) using the oil filter adapter from MkI 1147 engines,
(or non airpump 1500's?)
Motorcraft   FL-2005, FL-1 (large- non-Air pump Spits only)
NAPA 551312 , Gold-1521,  Gold 1374
Purolator #L10017, PER-1
UNIPART  GFE150,  GFE119
WIX  51084

Peter S
No disclaimer.  I think they are unnecessary.  It if fits, use it. If it
doesn't, don't!
Peter S