Re: Spitfire 5 speed conversions

To: "tr6" <tr6@mail.icongrp.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 5 speed conversions
From: "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:03:33 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: tr6 <tr6@mail.icongrp.com>
To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 11:57 AM
Subject: Spitfire 5 speed conversions

>    Anyway, I'm going to e-mail them my address and get more info.  I'll
keep
> the list informed, if there are those interested.
>     Don Emery
>     w/o lbc--for now

Definitely!!!!! I had a 71 Midget with a Rivergate 5 speed (Datsun) in it
and man what a difference that conversion made.

I've talked to Bill Perry of Rivergate, who is a good friend and
neighbor,.about also producing a  Spitfire kit and he has all the work he
needs with the Spridget line. (I think he also has a bias against Spits too
since he used to race against them in a Sprite). Anyway, it's too bad that
he doesn't make one. The quality of the product he produces is excellent.

Hopefully, the folks in New Zealand can match this quality. Do they have a
price for just the conversion kit, without the transmission? We can get that
here stateside.