Ticking Valve

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Ticking Valve
From: "Kirk Crawford" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 21:07:19 -0700
This is not directly spitfire related, but this is my official spitfire support
vehicle....:-)

Yesterday I noticed when I started my 1979 Ford 351 V8 powered Van a valve was
ticking.  It stopped after just a few minutes.

This evening I noticed the ticking again and it didn't go away nearly as soon,
it went away all of a sudden about 15 minutes after startup.  Long after the
engine had warmed.  It went away all at once.

What causes this?  Is it a serious problem?  Do the valves just need adjustment?

Thanks,

Kirk Crawford AIM:KirkBCraw ICQ:15072969
mailto:kirk.crawford@beachnet.com
http://www.beachnet.com/~crawford/