FW: Unleaded in Stag V8

To: "'Spitfire List'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Unleaded in Stag V8
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:05:05 +0100
Hi SpitPilots!

A friend of mine who's on the Stag list just forwarded this to me.  I've
never heard of unleaded fuel damaging gaskets or seals before - I
thought I'd see if anyone else has.  I know for a fact that all of the
suppliers say that the only thing you need to do to a Spitfire is get
hardened exhaust valve seats fitted, and maybe adjust the timing a bit.

Dean