Re: Pertronix dwell spec needed!

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>, <relliott@cjnetworks.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix dwell spec needed!
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:28:56 +0100
I'm planning to make my own electronic ingition for the Spit.

So from what you are saying, I could quite easly chainge it from having a
dwell angle to having a dwell time, always fixed dwell period of 500 rpm
over the red line.  In which case I could select the coil etc to be tuned to
that period and so get maximum spark under all conditions?

So what do they do about dwell angle on plasma ignitions, do they have such
a big coil, or do they have a more transformer like thing that the feed the
HF signal to?

Just wondering

James