Re: clutch bleeding

To: "Chris Pappathopoulos" <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>,
Subject: Re: clutch bleeding
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:28:35 +0100
>I am positive that the clutch isn't stuck to the flywheel. I had just put
>them together, and when I tried to torque the cranknut to 150 ft-lb  the
>clutch started to slip.

I have torqued the clutch up on my car and didn't get any clutch slippage,
so I suspect you will need to investigate this.  Might be a problem with the
the diaphram spring. Mabe thats half stuck not to a slip position.

But no matter what its worth getting access to the flywheel, (engin or
gearbox out) to investigate.  Unless you know that the clutch driven plate,
and bearing are good it's worth replaceing them for peace of mind that you
won't need to remove them again.

James