Re: '78 spit brakes

To: "Rod Randle" <rsrandle@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: '78 spit brakes
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:53:18 -0700
Likely scenario:  brake which was overheating was doing all the work
(because it won't release or something else) and is boiling the brake fluid.
This is why the pedal goes to the floor.  Repeated pumping finally gets the
pressure up.  And/Or the master cylinder is leaking internally.  Change the
brake fluid (we all do every two years right? - with Castrol LMA) and check
the wheel that was hot for proper movement.
Peter S