Re: Help with paint touch-up

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: Help with paint touch-up
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:24:33 -0500
Well, I've been able to do it - mind you it IS NOT intended to be a
masterpiece, but it does lesson the eye-sore.
When I first purchased my Carmine Red 77 Spit, it had some surface rust
just behind the B posts. I sanded out the paint and surface rust,
primered, sanded, primered, sanded and finally with a close match color
of spray paint and masking off an area a few inches into the original
paint, I sprayed the primer (which was masked off only slightly beyond
the sanded area) with my color allowing some overspray to blend into the
original color.  I concentrated my main spray over the primer, though.
Again - I don't plan on keeping it this way - but it looks better than a
splotch of primer or bright red.

When I'm done working on the mechanicals and body work, THEN I'll go all
out, but for now I'd rather keep it from rusting and having to
eventually paint my car twice.