RE: Fusible links for a Spit?

To: "'Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou'" <dougbert@rcn.com>,
Subject: RE: Fusible links for a Spit?
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:49:06 -0500
Doug,

The best bet would be a separate in-line fuse.
I have had engineers from Bluebird school bus call and ask me what the
length should be and I have looked in the SAE specs and have found that it's
a lost art.
Fuseable links require a measurement of ampacity vs. length of wire. You
would also need to figure the guage of the wire in the equation. Best bet is
an in-line of some amperage to handle the high beams.

Just my .02