Boot Lock Barel Pin

To: Walt Fogle <foglew@hotmail.com>
Subject: Boot Lock Barel Pin
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:53:38 -0600
Walt Fogle wrote:

> The PO removed the pin that runs through the rear boot lock barrel so that
> the boot does not lock.  I have the key and know that the a replacement lock
> is approx $25.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how to fabricate a replacement pin

I just happen to have my lock apart to be rebuilt also!
The square pin or shaft you refer to is 5/16" square by about 1 3/4" long.  It
extends from the barrel by exactly 1 7/16".

        One end is drilled and tapped for a #10-32 screw, but you could use any
thread
and screw. A phillips head screw, double lockwasher and flat washer go into
that.  The
square shaft fits into the lock mechanism and is held by a round pin about
1/16"
diameter.

As a matter of interest, without that square pin (or shaft), what has held your
lock
barrel in place?

Cheers, Fred

Fred & Wendy Griffiths