RE: Colortune

To: alfapete@pacbell.net
Subject: RE: Colortune
From: MTAltomare@prodigy.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:42:22 -0800

I've got one.  It works pretty well, but you have to work
fairly quickly to keep the glass from getting too dark to
see through if you are running rich.  All you have to do is replace
a spark plug with the one from the kit that has a sight glass
that allows you to see the color of the flame in the cylinder.
 Next you adjust the mixture until you get a bunsen blue (yellow=rich,
bluish white=lean)flame.  I used it about 6 years ago to adjust
the carb for a state emission test - it passed with no problems.

Michael Altomare
'77 Spitfire 1500
Kennesaw, GA