Re: [Fwd: Spit Air Shocks]

To: tim@tjg.talkland.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Spit Air Shocks]
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:07:58 -0400
Tim and group,

There was a blurb on this list about a week ago posted by someone who
went to a local parts store in an effort to procure a set of Monroe
MA-785 air adjustable shocks. The parts person said the part number was
no longer listed.

After this letter from Tim, in England, I decided to call Monroe
(Tenneco Automotive) directly. The number is 800-879-0540. I spoke with
Brad in Customer Service and he assured me the MA-785 part number is
still alive and well.

I don't know why there would be a problem obtaining a set of these
shocks as they are still in production. Perhaps your parts counter gets
a better mark-up on another brand and ordering from Monroe is just not
profitable. Check with a different supplier or, tell the counter guy to
get his finger out of his nose and call the toll free number.

Hope that helps,
Charlie B.