3 questions

To: Spit list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 3 questions
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:00:49 -0500
After over a month I finally got my 1500 engine back from the machine
shop and have run into some problems putting it back together.

In the box of bolts and nuts I got back there is a pipe thread plug
(kind of like the oil pan drain plug most Spits have only smaller).
Anybody have any idea where it goes?

The other two questions pertain to the gasket set for the block. There
are two gaskets which are quite similar. One goes to the fuel pump I
believe, and the other I don't know. There is also the gasket which goes
over a circular hole and has holes for three bolts. The only place I can
think of it going is in the oil pump, and since I have already put the
pan on with gasket sealer I don't want to open it up unless I have to.
If anyone knows which gaskets I'm talking about and where they go please
let me know.

Thanks
Chris Pappathopoulos