Where did it go?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Where did it go?
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:30:59 -0700 (PDT)

some of you might find this amusing.  others, well read on...

yesterday, i went out to my spitfire as it sat in the garage,
and i opened the bonnet (hood) to check the oil and coolant.
well, i looked at the front of the engine to see how much oil
was on everything down there, and i noticed that the big nut
that holds the crank pulley on was GONE!  i'm assuming that it
worked itself off while driving around this year, but i don't
remember hearing fall or anything.  so, what do you think?  i
remeber some of you talking about having to battle to get you
nut off with an impact wrench and what not, and here mine
decided it didn't want to ride along with me anymore and jump
off into the ditch somewhere.  anyone have any comments about
locking the new one on there?  i was thinkiing off smearing the
end of the crankshaft with locktite or something.  so, it
doesn't look like i'll be taking it out this weekend, at least
if i don't get the new nut by tomorrow...

===
nikolai jaremka
72 spitfire mkIV
east aurora, new york