Re: stromberg carb, '75 Spitfire

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, <TFarrow757@aol.com>
Subject: Re: stromberg carb, '75 Spitfire
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:19:00 -0400
if you have the 'big screw' next to the long plastic cover on the side of
your carb...
this sets the G/A % at idle
on a new car it's unscrewed just slightly.
on a well run in car it should be screwed in completely seated.
..but not overly tightened.
also the small screw that faces up is a fine tune idle mixture adjustment
and should never be turned more than one revolution either side of
std setting.
...only thing else I can say is get a copy of the Haynes Weber Manual.
It covers the Zenith and SU carbs as well in good detail.