Re: Blowing fuses

To: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>, Metallian6@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Blowing fuses
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 21:38:59 -0400
At 04:17 AM 6/3/99 -0700, nikolai jaremka wrote:

>all your fuses should be 30amp

WHOA!    Nik!     Do I see smoke waifting over East Aurora, NY????

According to the circuit descriptions in the owners manual (part of the
Bentley workshop manual) :

"The _10_ amp fuse fed by a red/green cable from the master light switch
protects the following circuits:

Front parking lamp
Front marker lamp
Rear marker lamp
Tail lamp
Plate illumination lamp
Instrument illumination"

Anybody know if the 10 amp fuse is rated differently, like the 35 amp Lucas
ones (which actually carry about 17 amps)?

++++++++++++++

The headlight switch (master light switch in Triumph-speak) is notorious
for falling apart internally.  Jamie, if Judas' switch has no markings on
it, it is original. (If it has symbols for park & main lamps then it has
already been replaced.) If it has been replaced, pull the center dash
section (sorry, the 'service panel') down and make sure everything is
insulated.

Another potential trouble spot might be under the (LHD) driver's floormat.
The wires go right in the middle of the floor...

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire

"If you let the smoke escape, it won't work anymore."