My Spitfire restoration project

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: My Spitfire restoration project
From: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
Well, For those of you who have been keeping up on my attempt to restore
my spit, I have some great news.  Last night I finally finished hooking up
all the hoses and I turned the ignition... (w/ fire extinguisher
nearby)... Hey, It started right up!  Sounds GREAT!  Granted, the timing
is a little off, but hey, i'll fix that no problem.  So, here is one more
spit resurected from the dead.

This car has:

NAPA fuel pump installed in the trunk

WEBER DGAV carb

Air pump removed, carbon canisters removed.

Mechanical pump removed and a plate w/ 1/2" tube installed

Breather hose from plate to intake manifold

Fuel vapor return line vented to intake manifold

Second oil pressure switch installed to control fuel pump.  What I did was
take the twelve volt high when the ignition is on start (from he starter
solenoid) to the new switch, I also ran twelve volts when the ignition is
on run to the switch.  When the car is started, the fuel pump first gets
12 volts from the start position, when the car is running, it is getting
12 volts from the run position.  If the oil pressure ever drops below
4psi, the new oil switch cuts off the power so if there is an accident and
the ignition is still on run, if the engine isn't running, no fuel is
pumped!

Hopefully I'll have this car on the road in the next month.

http://www.wolfenet.com/~hupshall/car/fm70893u