Re: One more reason to Love Spitfires

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One more reason to Love Spitfires
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:58:15 -0700
At 12:59 AM 6/1/99 +0100, James Carpenter wrote:

>Ok why do all GM vehicals I have come across us the Torque star type
>connecters.  I once tryed to chainge the oil in my old Vauxhall Nova
>Euro-mini-box thing.  They put the drain plug on the rear of the engin so
>that you need a pit to get a socke in to undo it.

        The reason I learned while working at NAPA was that the Torx type of
fastener was the most forgiving for assembly lines for reliable connections
without stripping the head off it.  Most for robotics and the
self-centering nature of the Torx design eliminates stripped bolt heads.

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |