Noise from Fuel Pump

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Noise from Fuel Pump
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 12:24:40 -0400
Hello All,

I noticed as I was fooling around under the bonnet yesterday that the
occasional faint "phup, phup, phup" sound that I had thought was coming
from the waterpump is actually coming from the old mechanical fuel pump. It
is not being used, I have an electric pump. It is just sitting there
covering up the hole in the block. I found that if I covered up the inlet,
the sound goes away. Is there any harm in A - covering the inlet with a
vacuum plug, or B - having this pump sitting there not doing anything. I am
thinking that the noise is just the pump pushing air around.

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the noisy Spit